Power Night / Afternoon Training
A time to be empowered and encouraged alongside those who share your calling to minister to our neighbors living in senior adult care homes.
Saturday, April 27th
Doors open at 5:00pm, Banquet and Program begin at 5:30pm
Bay Presbyterian Church, 25415 Lake Road, Bay Village, OH 44140
This night is reserved for those involved in sharing God’s love and Word with people in senior adult care homes.
Through the Valley of the Shadow of Loss & Grief
In order for people to age well, they must know how to navigate through loss and undesirable change. Significant losses are the primary reason for grief, and grief can overshadow us with hopelessness.
Every resident we meet in a nursing home has experienced losses that have significantly altered their lives. The Lord can use you to be a friend who understands and walks with them through this valley and into His peace.
Chaplain Bill Goodrich and Pastor Dennis Barta (along with a few experienced guests) will share how you can become a tremendous support not only to the residents, but to caregivers and other nursing home missionaries as well. You will learn Biblically-based principles to shine the Light of Christ into the heart of a friend that is journeying through the valley of the shadow of loss and grief.
12:30 – 12:55 – Registration
1:00 – 2:15 – Session #1
- Understanding how loss causes grief
- Good and healthy grief
- The most powerful prescription for those who grieve
2:30 – 3:30 – Session #2
- Experiencing loss and living to talk about it
- Life-giving insights and encouragement from a panel of people who openly share how they have changed and grown through the various losses they’ve experienced
3:45 – 5:00 – Session #3
- Helping a friend find strength and peace in the valley of loss & grief
- Being prepared for your own journey
- How you can minister to people who are near death’s door
There is no cost for PowerNight or the training workshop, but a freewill offering will be encouraged.