GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN CARE HOME MINISTRY!
Jesus said, “Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” ~ Matthew 25:40
Thank you for visiting our website! We are here to help you learn how to get started in making an enormous difference in the lives of lonely seniors living in your community’s care homes. You can change lives (including your own!) through volunteering in this special mission field.
Most volunteers tell us how blessed they are by their new friendships; how rewarding these special relationships are; and how privileged they feel to have the opportunity to share God’s love and word with those in such desperate need.
Everyone has something to share. In just an hour or two a week, you can shine God’s light into the life of a lonely and broken soul, bringing them the hope and peace of Jesus.
Getting started is not difficult, but will require a little time and focus. Here’s how:
YOUR FIRST STEPS
- STEP 1. PRAY PASSIONATELYPray for wisdom, understanding and direction as you consider starting a care home ministry at your church. You can pray with great confidence knowing that the Lord loves the people living in care homes and wants them to find comfort and hope in Jesus. God can use you to lead the charge to adopt a care home in your community.
When the heart is in tune with God’s will, He will empower you to fulfill it.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory… ~ Ephesians 3:20
- STEP 2. SEARCH GOD’S WORDSearching God’s Word helps us gain a clear view of God’s Will. Below, you will find several scripture references related to this mission field. As you read the verses, write down what God has to say about ministering to the elderly, widows, the sick, the grieving… Also write words that give you confidence that the Lord can and will use you as your heart and mind are in tune with His desire.
God tells us to honor and care for the widows, aged and frail:
, , , ,
God calls us to live a life of love:
, , , , , ,
God is pleased when we remember the poor:
, , ,
Residents who believe are an important part of the body of Christ:
- STEP 3. READ “IN THE GARDEN WITH JESUS AND FRIENDS”“In the Garden with Jesus and Friends” is a practical guidebook for helping you and your church adopt a local care home and develop an effective ministry there.
In easy to follow steps, this 80 page guidebook explains how to:
– Obtain your church leadership’s support in starting a care home outreach.
– Find the right care home and establish a welcomed presence with staff and residents.
– Recruit church members to become part of the care home ministry team.
– Make your first few visits meaningful and enjoyable.
– Provide needed training for your care team.
– Encourage and support your care team. Cultivating relationships with your team members will foster long-term commitment.
When you order “In the Garden with Jesus and Friends”, you will be given the contact information of an experienced care home missionary. This “coach” is available to support you by addressing questions or concerns you may have. Your coach will also pray for you and your team on a regular basis.
We are confident that if you follow the time-tested approach presented in this guidebook, God WILL use you in the lives of care home residents as He draws them closer to Himself.
God Cares Ministry is here to serve you as you serve God’s people in care homes. If you are in need of resources, advice, prayer, encouragement, or just have questions, please contact us so that we may assist you:
email us at info@GodCaresMinistry or call us at (440) 930-2173.
For more information regarding developing your care home ministry, please visit our Training and Resources pages.
Remember, you are not alone:
The Lord promises to be with you when you prayerfully step out in faith and abide in Him. ~ John 15:1-17